Friday, May 11, 2012

May 10, 2012

Mom writes today:


This is Grandpa and Julie singing a favourite Dutch hymn of theirs: 






Grandpa and Julie have always sung really well together so it was neat to have them sing this for us yesterday. Actually, Julie had sent me an encouraging note with the words of this song (also one of my favourite Dutch hymns), and that made me think that I wanted to hear them singing it. Today is grandpa's 86th birthday and we're very thankful how well he is doing after his surgeries.  Thank you Lord, for your many, many blessings.


Translation (thanks Uncle John!):
There rustles along the clouds a sweet-loving name,
which unites Heaven and Earth together.
No name is sweeter and better for it heart,
he embalmes the wounds and heals all suffering.
Know-est thou, know-est thou not that Name?
Whose Name carries my Lord, my passion and my Song?
   My Jesus in truth is worthy that Name, 
   because He came to Earth for our salvation; 
   so much He loved sinners that He died for them,
   winnig for us God's mercy through his blood.
   Know-est thou, know-est thou not that Jesus? 
   Who, to save us, left Heaven?

No comments:

Post a Comment